Beginning on March 1, 2024, until funds are depleted, Fidelity Federal is offering the Welcome Home Program to homebuyers. The program provides up to $25,000 for honorably discharged veterans – or up to $20,000 for all others – to be used toward the down payment and closing costs on a home.
Learn more about the Welcome Home Program and how you can apply.
What Is the Welcome Home Program?
The Welcome Home Program (WHP) is an annual program that offers grants of up to $25,000 for low- and moderate-income homebuyers. The funds can be used to help pay for down payments or closing costs.
In 2024, Welcome Home funds are available for reservation on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at 8:00 a.m. ET on March 1, 2024. The program will remain available until all funds have been reserved.
Who Is Eligible?
Honorably discharged veterans, surviving spouses of military personnel, and active-duty military personnel are eligible to receive a minimum of $10,000 up to a maximum of $25,000. All other income-eligible homebuyers may receive a minimum of $10,000 up to a maximum of $20,000.
Buyers must commit to paying down at least $500 of their own money toward closing costs. If you’re a first-time homebuyer, you’ll take part in a homebuyer counseling course before the loan closes. However, you do not have to be a first-time homebuyer to apply.
To be eligible, the home you are purchasing must be for your primary residence. If you plan on moving from the home within five years, you may be required to pay back the grant.
How Do I Apply for the Welcome Home Program?
There are a few steps to getting started with the Welcome Home Program.
- First, you’ll execute a purchase contract on an eligible property (a document explaining the terms of the sale and any contingencies if you proceed).
- Next, you’ll apply for your home loan through Fidelity Federal.
- We’ll determine your loan eligibility and submit a reservation request for the Welcome Home Program funds.
- You’ll receive a letter detailing whether you will receive funds and their total amount. This may take four weeks or longer.
- Finally, you’ll close on your loan and include the five-year retention language in the warranty deed.
Does that sound a little complicated? Don’t worry – we’re here to help guide you through the entire process.
Home Loans for First-Time Buyers
Buying your first home can be stressful. Our First-Time Homebuyer mortgage may be the perfect solution to ease the financing burden.
- 5% down payment
- No Private Mortgage Insurance
- Primary residence in Ohio only
It’s important to get pre-qualified for a home purchase and how this will fit into your budget. Reach out to Fidelity Federal to start the process of achieving the dream of home ownership.
This blog was originally published in 2023 and was updated with current grant fund amounts in 2024.