Join Our Team
Fidelity Federal is committed to being a part of the communities we serve, and our employees support the continued growth of those communities. Join our exceptional team for a meaningful career in financial services and customer success.
Fidelity Federal Savings and Loan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Enjoy Great Benefits
In addition to building long-lasting relationships with our customers in a safe, fun work environment, you’ll enjoy great benefits.
Westfield Branch Universal Banker:
The Universal Banker is responsible for conducting teller transactions and cash vault transactions in an accurate and timely manner. The incumbent is also responsible for the sales and servicing of ALL Fidelity Federal products and services
This position serves as a single point of contact for customers, fulfilling sales, service and referral needs. Multifaceted responsibilities range from minimal cash handling and basic transactions to product and service sales, and referrals to other lines of business. Primary skills include key product knowledge, relationship building, and customer service, and expert referral skills. May or may not be certified.
Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective, professional business relations with our customers:
- Develop and grow customer relationships through sales initiatives using industry and Fidelity Federal specific product knowledge.
- Perform transactions which include, but are not limited to, processing customer transactions, opening and closing accounts, performing maintenance of all consumer products, handing lending requests, while following established policies and procedures.
- Comply with the Universal Banker sales performance and difference standards.
- Greet customers promptly in the lobby or on the phone, identify their immediate needs and utilize branch workflow procedures to provide the highest level of customer service.
- Complete routine on-boarding requirements for new accounts.
- Assist the team in reaching established production, sales, cross sell and operational goals.
- Complete necessary daily, weekly, and monthly reporting.
- Refer business opportunities to various individuals throughout the institution for services such as mortgage lending and commercial lending, Attend required meetings or training in order to enhance skill sets and effectively communicate pertinent information to branch staff.
- Follow established security procedures, as well as ensure customer information is safeguarded at all times.
- Open accounts
- Identify the needs of new and existing customers and offer appropriate services
- Provide additional information to customers regarding promotions, contests and new account options
- Examines, and evaluates customer applications for lines of credit, and consumer credit loans.
- Interviews applicants and requests specified information for loan applications.
- Analyzes applicant financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting a loan.
- Resolve questions regarding application information.
- Refers loan to a committee for approval.
- Ensures loan agreements are complete and accurate.
- Performs other related duties as requested or assigned.
*The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and Compliance with company policies and procedures related to the Universal Banker role and responsibilities. Including but not limited to federal regulations:
- Bank Secrecy Act & Anti-Money Laundering
- Community Reinvestment Act
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Right to Financial Privacy Act
- Gramm-Leach Bliley Act
- Regulation CC – Funds Availability
- Regulation E – Electronic Funds Transfer Act
- Customer Service: * Listens and responds effectively to customer questions; resolves customer problems to the customer’s satisfaction; respects all internal and external customers; uses a team approach when dealing with customers; follows up to evaluate customer satisfaction; measures customer satisfaction effectively; commits to exceeding customer expectations.*
- Displays High Integrity and Honesty: Lead by example, model core values, follows through on commitments.
- Accountability: Holds self and others accountable for measurable high-quality, timely and cost effective results.
- Interpersonal Skills: Treats others with courtesy and respect. Ability to get along with others in a professional capacity.
- Reliability: personally responsible; completes work in a timely, consistent manner; works hours necessary to complete assigned work; is regularly present and punctual; arrives prepared for work; is committed to doing the best job possible; keeps commitments.
- Attitude towards others: Maintains a positive, open, and objective attitude towards other points of view and perspectives.
- Sales Acumen: Having an insight, a perception, a sharpness to accomplish overcoming buyer resistance, asking great questions, presenting solutions in the form of a dialogue, and obtaining commitment. Ability to understand how all of these moving parts work together to make deals come together.
- Cash Handling: Ability to accurately count, balance, and secure currency and coin; provide change; follow procedures to identify characteristics of counterfeit currency.
- Drive for Results* : Demonstrates concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard of excellence. Shows a passion for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement. Focuses not only on results but the processes and motivations used to achieve them.*
- Communication (Open, Oral and Written) : Creates an atmosphere in which timely and high-quality information flows smoothly within the organization; encourages open expression of ideas and opinions. Effectively transfers thoughts and expresses ideas orally or verbally in individual or group situations.
- Self-Motivated/Ability to Work with Little or No Supervision: Highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision.
- Collaboration: Develops cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties.
- Attention to Detail: Thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, even the minute details. Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently.
Supervisor Responsibilities: None
Training and Experience:
– High school diploma or equivalent
– Two or more years of experience or commensurate training in retail activities, including sales and cash handling
– Basic knowledge of retail product philosophy, policy, procedures, documentation and systems
– Thorough knowledge of all retail products and services
– Proven customer service and interpersonal skills
– Effective selling, cross-selling and referral skills
– Strong mathematical, problem-solving, and negotiation skills
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Ability to analyze customer credit data and other related financial information
– Strong interpersonal & relationship building skills
– Previous experience in a financial sales representative oriented role